Our vision is to create an environment of academic excellence in the subject areas
of Electrical Engineering & allied discipline through classroom teaching, practical demonstration & research activities.
ü We are looking towards expansion of problem solving horizons in the emerging areas of Switchgear & Protection, Power Systems, Electrical Machines & Drives, Control Systems etc.
Our mission is to make use of the Technology of Electrical Engineering as a principal instrument for deriving optimal solutions in multidisciplinary Engineering problems having social relevance.
We are committed to the development of Technical human resources exhibiting professional and ethical attitudes and interdisciplinary approach.
PEO 1: Graduates will have the mathematical & scientific knowledge to analyze & solve emerging real world problems related to power systems, electrical machines,
control systems, electrical measurements, switchgear & protection.
PEO 2: Graduates will be able to pursue higher education in Electrical Engineering
or other fields of their interest in reputed organizations.
PEO 3: Graduates will be employable in the diversified sectors of industry
government organizations, public sector and multinational corporations.
PEO 4: Graduates will be able to communicate effectively, adopt lifelong
learning, act with integrity and have interpersonal skills with commitment to their ethical and social responsibilities.
PSO 1: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science & Electrical Engineering fundamentals to complex problems in Electrical Machines, Control Systems, Power Systems, Power Electronics, switchgear & Protection.
PSO 2: Ability to critically understand the generation, transmission
and distribution concepts in Electrical Power Systems, Control systems and renewable energy sector.
PSO 3: Capability to understand various computational methods for design &
analysis of Electrical Systems.
PSO 4: An understanding of professional, ethical, legal,
security issues, social responsibilities and indulge in lifelong learning.
1. Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
2. Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
3. Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, society, and environmental considerations.
4. Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
5. Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
6. The engineer and society: Apply reasoning in formed by the contextual knowledge to assess social, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice
7. Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
8. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
9. Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
10. Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
11. Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply the set o one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
12. Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.