Earn & Learn Scheme

Social Student’s Welfare Scheme

Karmaveer Bhaurao Patil Earn & Learn Scheme
Savitribai Phule Pune University is running Karmaveer Bhaurao Patil Earn & Learn Scheme under the banner of Students welfare Board. Sanjivani College of Engineering, Kopargaon has implemented this scheme since 2005-06. This academic year 2019-20 also the college has implemented this scheme. The main aim of the scheme is in today’s higher education not only to educate the students technically and research point of view but to develop the students considering social and cultural aspects. For this scheme 100% of actual expenditure for SC & ST Category students & 75% of other category students is borne by the University. College has to bear the remaining 25% expenses.

This academic year fifty students from first year to final year from all branches have been selected to work under the scheme. The scheme commenced in the month of August 2019 and ended in the month of February 2020. An expenditure of Rs. 4,77,270 has been incurred for the implementation of the scheme this academic year.

An advisory committee is formed for smooth running of the scheme which includes the principal as the president, two faculty representative, one local social worker, one nonteaching representative and Students Development officer. Under this scheme poor and needy students with good academics are selected each year. Applications in the prescribed form provided by the University are invited from the interested students the applications are scrutinized and the students are interviewed by the committee. List of selected students is displayed in the college notice board. The selected students are allotted the work in different areas such as Hostel, Gymkhana, Library, Internet center, Reading hall etc. considering their academics, each student has to work two to three hours daily they are paid Rs. 45/- per hour at the end of the month. The payment is made through cheque in the individual saving account of the student in the Central bank.

Dr. A. V. Deshpande
Students Development Officer
Sanjivani College OF Engineering Kopargaon

Dr. D. N. Kyatanavar
Principal

 

EARN & LEARN SCHEME

Details of Students Participated in the Earn and Learn scheme and total expenditure in last few years:

Academic YearNo of students benefittedGrant received from UniversityCollege contributionTotal Expenses
2012-13  32 1,46,430.00 37,810.00 1,84,240.00
2013-14  35 2,08,987.00 35,613.00 2,44,600.00
2014-15 41 2,11,605.00 23,715.00 2,35,320.00
2015-16 44 2,77,292.00 30,628.00        3,0 628.00
2016-17 47 3,00000.00 1,07100.00       4,07,100.00
2017-18 50 450,000.00   1,99,030.00       6,49030.00
2018-19 50 450,000.00   1,99,530.00       6,49,530.00
2019-20 37 450,000.00   37,727.00       4 ,77,270.00


Dr. A. V. Deshpande
Students Development Officer
Sanjivani College OF Engineering Kopargaon